February things


I've been preparing for a few days away this week, this time for our annual winter visit to M.'s grandparents on Sanibel Island, Florida. A little escape could not possibly feel more timely, as yet another snowstorm passed through here overnight. February has been a slog this year with all these wickedly cold days alternating with messy slush. The thermostat on my space heater in the studio read 37 degrees when I arrived there on Friday morning. Can't help but feel a bit jealous of the West Coast, which seems to be barreling headlong toward springtime in a whirlwind of camellias and birdsong. But everything in its own time, I suppose. Meanwhile, this, this and plenty of tea are helping to get us through! Orders placed while I'm away will begin shipping on Monday, March 2nd. Thank you, as ever, for your patience.

I had the loveliest visitor at the studio on Friday, too. Carrie from Half Hitch Goods dropped by while she was in town from San Francisco, and we had the most wonderful chat over a cup of matcha. She is really committed to nurturing relationships with the artisans she works with, and it was refreshing to talk candidly about the challenges and the triumphs that come along with building a small business your own way.

I'll also be making a rare appearance outside the studio at Brooklyn Botanic Garden's Herb Day festivities, on Sunday, March 1st. You'll find me in the Atrium of the new visitors center from 10am-1pm with a selection of goods. Stephen Orr, author of The New American Herbal will also be giving a talk from 2-3pm and signing copies of his book. If you're in the area, I'd love for you to stop by and say hello! 

A few good things from this week:

I love photos of Lunar New Year celebrations...


a little insight into the year of the Wood Sheep

these little treats, very much after my own heart

Floating Social Buttons







 
Widgets