out west

Friday, September 13, 2013



I hope that the beginning of September has treated you well. Despite the strangely tropical weather here this past week, the seasonal shift is still perceptible, and I've been spending just a bit more time working by lamplight in the studio. I wanted to share a few photos from our August trip to Washington State, where we enjoyed seeing family and friends (both old and new!), and got a much needed dose of the great outdoors. This August was generous with its beautiful days and its blackberries, and we were grateful for it.













6 comments:

  1. beautiful post!
    your pictures transport me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catie! It's a place that just brims with natural beauty...

      Delete
  2. beautiful, beautiful! what gorgeous captures. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been so lovely to still be discovering new things year after year about the place where I grew up...

      Delete
  3. It is rainy and dark here today (of course!) but your photos transport me back to the ideal weather we had this summer. They also really give me the itch to be out on the water. It's my day off, so a walk on the waterfront is in order. It was so wonderful to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, rainy and dark already...sigh. It was an incredible summer in the NW, and we were so lucky to enjoy a little sliver of it! A waterfront walk sounds like just the thing, and it reminds me that I should probably get out for a walk this afternoon, too! xo

      Delete

analog beauty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger