a tea tasting

2.01.2012


It's been such a lovely week so far on Rivington Street...the sun has been out, a sleek new pair of clog boots arrived for me in the mail, Masak is in the New York Times, and I've been sneaking out of the kitchen at a reasonable hour.

I haven't been frittering my evenings away, however. I've been putting together a gorgeous list of teas for the tea tasting we're hosting on Friday at Masak in celebration of the Lunar New Year! It's been positively torturous brewing one pot after another to assemble the loveliest collection of Chinese black teas I can find to share with you...

We'll taste through some exquisitely delicate Yunnan Golden Buds, some classic Golden Yunnan, Bailin Gong Fu, Keemun, vintage Pu-erh, and maybe a few surprises...hint: a magically complex Taiwanese Ruby Black Tea, perhaps? And snacks: quih pie tee, house-made tea eggs, Golden Yunnan shortbread (I may even share my recipe!), and marvelous organic fresh citrus.

This tasting will be the first in a series, look for a new theme coming up each month. I can't wait for Spring - I think an entire session devoted to flowering teas is in order!

The details:
this Friday, February 3rd, 3pm, $30 per person
Masak - 432 East 13th Street, between 1st and A
RSVP to: info@marbleandmilkweed.com or to Masak @ (212) 260-6740

1 comments:

  1. The jasmine is blooming! I think flowering teas would be the PERFECT treat for a crisp spring day. Missing the event this time, hoping there might be a tasting in the summer: iced teas?

    ReplyDelete

 

analog beauty © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger