notes from my other life

9.20.2011


The coming of fall has brought some very busy times, indeed, for Marble & Milkweed. As many of you know, I divide my time between blending up potions and whipping up desserts, and this month has been filled to the brim with both!




I've been helping a friend of mine open a small restaurant in the East Village called Masak, with a menu influenced by the food he loves from back home in Singapore. We opened quietly a few weeks ago, and have been steadily building up the menu - a few more tables fill up with each passing weekend.


The desserts we opened with are full of the exuberance of the last days of summer: charentais & watermelon, plums & blackberries in black tea, tiny strawberries in condensed milk...

And now I look toward the autumn. In the coming days, our guests might encounter concord grape & coconut, ginger & pear, and maybe even an exotic burst of ripe mango...






If you're in the city, we'd love for you to come visit us for dinner. We're located in the East Village, at 432 E. 13th Street, between 1st Avenue and Avenue A, and we open at 6pm.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You are indeed a busy woman these days! But it's good to be busy, right?! Congratulations on the opening and all the great things happening with Marble and Milkweed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm such a fan of Masak and Love Love Love that melon soup!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could eat that for dessert (or maybe dinner?) EVERY day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these have my mouth watering! You are a maker of beautiful things -- edible and otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Masak looks really special, Briar, and your offerings are beautiful. I'm hoping to sample from them in a couple of months at the holidays. In the meantime, you definitely have a lot going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so incredible! what a wonderful collaboration! your creations look so beautiful and tasty. I wish I was closer and could come by and try everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am so sick that I missed this when I was in the city last weekend ~ I walked all over East Village, even! Oh to be back in New York! Looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Hannah! If you've ever in town, it would be a joy to have you in for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No worries, Meredith! Next time you're in town, you'll have to stop by - hope you had a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete

 

analog beauty © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger